Sunday, June 30, 2019

PE10WCA PA-09 Rensumaborg sunday 30-6

I'm sorry there was no activation from PE10WCA anymore, Other things took my time as expected. My IC-706MK2G is still in my car together with the antennas and ready for the final activation. My license for the special call is valid up to this sunday. I'm planning a very early in the morning activation from PA-09 Rensumaborg in Uithuizermeeden. It will be the 5th castle I activate for this special WCA 10th anniversary event. I suggest to keep an eye on the DXclusters to see when I will be calling.





I've been active from PA-09 before a few times:

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2014/06/pa-00009-rensumaborg-activation-sunday.html
https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2014/09/fieldday-fun-at-rensumaborg-cota-pa.html

Incredible that happened already 5 years ago. I can hardly imagine time goes that fast...

(Friday 28-6) I will do a last activation from PA-07 Menkemaborg between 10-11 UTC. It will be at my lunchbreak. I will probabely be active on 20m only.

Update 28-6: Made 22 QSO in about 45 minutes on 20m. Propagation was very low, much QSB on all signals. It's a miracle I made this amount of contacts anyway...

Update 30-6:

Started this last activation early and made my first QSO at 5:25UTC on 40m. After that 40m went slow, I had a lot of noise (S5-6) as well on this location. 20m went better and most of the QSOs are made there. Ended at 6:55UTC with 108 Qs in the log.

The 10 years WCA activation from PE10WCA is over now. I hope I made some people happy. 5 castles have been activated this month a absolute record for me. It was a nice experience. It showed the portable setup is working fine. I have been trying to get on FT8 as well, but only 2 QSO were made in FT8 from PA-07. I think SSB running is still a lot faster and more populair. This shows SSB is not dead at all, a lot of DX might be on FT8 but there is still a lot of action on other modes as well.




2 comments:

Hans said...

Proficiat Bas, Rensumaborg heb jij "in the pockect". Mooi gedaan en nog een aardig aantal van 108 QSO's. Ik ben benieuwd met welke antennes je het gedaan heb. Ik zie op de auto de bekende omgebouwde DV-27 en ook een gfk mast. Ik vermoed de endfed.
We lezen het wel. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, ik had Rensumaborg al in de pocket in 2014...de Dv27 gebruikte ik puur voor noddgevallen. De endfed heb ik eigenlijk de hele tijd gebruikt. Het probleem echter is dat het kastje met de trafo erg heet word vooral op 40m. Dus vandaar de DV27 in het geval dat de hele boel toch zou smelten...maar gelukkig is dat niet gebeurd. Overigens heb ik het idee dat de endfed beter straalt dan ontvangt. Ik krijg sommige stations echt bijna niet mee terwijl ik merk dat ze met mijn totaal geen problemen hebben. Op 20m is ondanks de lengte er geen verschil tussen de DV27 en de endfed, dat is op zijn minst opmerkelijk te noemen. Of de endfed is dus erg slecht, of de DV27 erg goed....maar aangezien ik de endfed ook getest heb in de PACC denk ik dat de DV27 gewoon erg goed is. In iedergeval was dit weer een leuke activatie met toch genoeg aanbod van stations. 73, Bas