Thursday, June 6, 2019

PE10WCA - Castles On The Air - Menkemaborg PA-07

QSL from previous activation
Just a rehearsal for upcoming WCA activations. I was active today from 10-11 UTC on 14.251MHz SSB. Log will be uploaded after I got it in the computer. I log with handwriting.

TRX is the Icom-706MK2G, 50W into my modified DV27 mobile antenna. I had heavy noise on the band first 15 minutes. It went better later on. Propagation was not that good or there were just not many on the band? Worked 20 stations in the end.


Below you see my setup in the car. And the exact GPS location. About 500m from the Menkemaborg.





Since I do this in my lunch break at the job I haven't got much time, of course I need to eat something as well ;-)










I don't do this normally but in this case I think it is justified to spot myself. I can do it only once per day though. So I kindly ask you all to spot me on a DXcluster after you worked be. It would be a great help.


Thanks to 9A1AA and HA9PP who worked and spotted me...

I will try to be on air in my lunch break on as many days this month activating PA-7 Menkemaborg.

Most interesting contact today was ON4VT Danny from Belgium. Danny is a WCA activator himself and a very active operator. I think it is a miracle we could make a QSO and indeed it was a hard copy but we managed to finish the QSO.

Update Friday 07-06-2019: Activated PE10WCA from PA-7 again. This time tried FT8 on both 20m and 17m. 45 minutes calling resulted in just 4 QSO and only 2 spots on PSK reporter. I was using the FT-817 with 5W into the modified DV27 mobile antenna. This is not a good result and I'm not shure if I will be doing FT8 again on this WCA activation.

Update Tuesday 11-06-2019: Have been active from PA-07 again. Worked 34 stations on 20m SSB. Logs have been uploaded. Had trouble with the 12VDC connector at the radio. Not shure what the problem is. Have been modifying the connector but it is not that reliable. See video...




2 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, voor activaties zou ik toch maar wat meer vermogen gebruiken dan die 5W. Het lukt met QRP wel, alleen je doet er zo lang over om de 40 of 50 stations te werken. Succes. 73 Hans PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, zie video van deze activatie. Ik gebruik ongeveer 50W uit de Icom IC-706. Dat werkt heel aardig. Ik word vaak beter ontvangen dan dat ik de stations ontvang, luister maar eens. Heb als beste DX tot nu toe 4Z4DX Israel gewerkt met de mobile antenne op 20m. Condities zijn niet te vergelijken met de winter hoor. 73, Bas