Sunday, November 1, 2020

#10m report 01-Nov-2020

 To be honest, what is good propagation? I didn't have much time for radio today, other chores took my time. But the time I had available for radio was pure quality. Made QSOs with Australia, Pakistan, Indonesia, South Africa en Argentina on 10m.

If you look at the propagation numbers:


According to this 10m is "poor". But we still make worldwide contacts on 10m these days. However, I turned the VFO a few times to listen to the CW/SSB part of the band. I even checked the 11m band. But even with the 10m FT8 frequency full of DX signals nothing was heard on CW/SSB...

4 comments:

Photon said...

Brilliant, and well done! brief periods of great propagation are always memorable.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Absolutely John, I wish I had some more time for our hobby. There is always something else in live that is more important. If we had all the time available it would get very boring I guess. 73, Bas

stu neslig said...

wow, and i have taken the moxon down ready to move....damn it!
oh well amking plans to construct a 28m long 5 element bobtail curtain for 15m !!! part of a project for portable ops.
been having great reports on 17m with a half square beam.
good luck
stu

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Yes Stu,part of the hamradio hobby is experimenting. You can't do everything at the same time...73, Bas