Saturday, October 6, 2018

Today

Today was spend most of the time for the radiohobby. The weather was great and this could be the last couple of days with good weather of the year. The day started on the radio looking at the 60m FT8 frequency, trying to work DX but that didn't went so well. However, I was able to receive 3D2AG from Fiji for the first time, but couldn't reach him. Could it be the antenna?  More on that later...


Spot the anti-interference loudspeaker...;-)
Then I went to a radio fleamarket this morning, it was not that big but nearby and always nice to meet some other radioamateurs from both CB/11m and HAMradio. Some of them known for years, some are new. A few calls from operators I spoke PA3BNT Marten, PE1DUG Free, PC7B Bram, PD2TW Tjip, PA3VAJ Jan, PA1SDB Peter and PG0DX Henry. I've probabely seen some more, sorry if forgotten to mention the call. It could be my opinion but it seems there were less real radioamateur stands this time. It was mixed up with second hand and new computer things. The only thing I bought radiowise was a book about dutch radio equipment in WW2.



Well, did I mention the weather was great? I had to mow the grass! And while doing that I thought about the antennas (of course). The 6m had to go out of the mast to make place for a HF multiband antenna, although the day was too short for mounting it. But at least I wanted to do something with the inverted-V, the ladderline was still down on the roof and every time it rains I get a complete different impedance so the tuner settings are not right anymore. Besides that I get the idea my signal could be better, and it was better in the past when I had the ladderline free hanging. So again, I made some time for the hobby and lowered the tower the dismantle the 6m beam, I probabely will mount it again next year.






Then I made 2 new suspensions for the inverted-V to hang on. I could also mount the ends both 1m higher in the trees above groundlevel. And I got a free hanging ladderline again. Had to cut 1 meter from the ladderline I hope this will not have much effect on the system. Cutting a coax cable and make it as short as possible is always good. Cutting a open line can sometimes give a strange effect on the whole antenna. At least that is what I experienced in the past. Anyway, we will see if DX can still be worked....

My little helper...

2 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas. Je bent lekker bezig geweest dit weekend maar ook de weekends daarvoor. Ik zie het ene blog-item na de andere voorbij schieten en moet echt plannen om je bij te houden HI.
Een radiobeurs is altijd interessant. Zowel de aangeboden spullen alsmede de mensen c.q. bekenden die je tegen komt.
De zes meter beam uit de mast en de multi-bander er in. Dat wordt leuk. Ik ben benieuwd naar de verschillen tussen de inverted en dipool. Dat kun je nu mooi uittesten.
Ik vroeg mij ook af waarom je de zesmeter beam weer uit de mast haalt. Je hebt toch genoeg plaats voor beide? Anders de pijp verlengen. Nou ja er zal wel een goede reden voor zijn. Succes daar met de veranderingen. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, 6m beam gaat er in de winter uit. Ik kan met deze mast vrij makkelijk van antenne wisselen. Ik wil ruimte hebben voor experimenten. Nu komt eerst de HF5B er in om te testen. Daaronder wil ik nog een 10m beam zetten. Zit te denken aan aan HB9CV -> 4 elements. 73, Bas