Monday, October 1, 2018

#cqww RTTY 2018

Event: CQWW RTTY 2018

Section:  Single Operator Low Power  All Band RTTY
Logger: N1MM+ newest version
Station: Icom IC-706 MK2G 50W
Antenna: Multiband Inverted-V 2x20m ladderline fed, apex 12m agl

RTTY is not my favorite mode but technically a challenge. Why? Try to contest with RTTY and you will encounter all kind of difficulties. Last couple of years I contested with N1MM and MMVARI but I seriously wanted to try MMTTY as well now. Best I could do was setting it up with BPF on and at my radio CW filter on. That way I had a good receiving ability. My receive was very good but unfortunately many times I could call stations that didn't receive me at all. Sometimes that was because there were too many calling but other times I guess they had too much noise around their frequency. Best listeners as always are the well known contest stations. I only participated Saturday morning and Sunday morning/late evening. So unfortunate as most interesting DX stations can only be worked at daytime. But I had other things to do and so there was not much time left for the hobby. Results are reasonable, I worked K6DTT/1 as the only one from USA on 80m, on 40 it was a bit better and worked a couple from USA/Canada. 20m is as always best DX band, sundayevening there was almost exclusive propagation to the USA. Best and most interesting DX I think was V31VP. No new DXCC for me this year....

Note the location from K6DTT/1 is not displayed correct



No comments: