Friday, October 5, 2018

#60m DXing

Last evening and early this morning. Best DX worked was not NP2Q (7180km) but AA0MZ (7300km) from Kansas.

Many HAMradio operators are whining about the bad propagation lately. However, it might be they choose the wrong band for DXing. I find that propagation is excellent on 60m especially the morning greyline. Last couple of days I worked some new ones on FT8, actually I really lost count of DXCC on this band probabely it is around 70 DXCC worked right now. PG0DX Henry wrote me he had worked 3D2AG this morning after 2 weeks of trying. A excellent job!

6 comments:

PG0DX said...

Hi Sebas,

60m is in fantastic shape !, I have only been active for 3 weeks on that band (who am i to judge it is in fantastic lol). Though hearing/working ZL's each day, having been able to get 50DXCC's (entities.its 60 hihi) in just 3 weeks! That is good enough for me. Keep up the blog posts...always interesting to read. 73, Henry.

Photon said...

Excellent work! To all those who complain about the bands: I worked 12m again today, including into the Indian Ocean!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx Henry, nice to meet you today. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Indeed John, stop complaining and just be there on the bands. There is anough DX that can be worked. 73, Bas

Jan, OZ9QV said...

How often have I heard that "10m is dead" ? More than I like to count. No wonder. Most people scan the band and hear nothing - conclusion dead band.
But there is a good saying among amateurs : "Listening to the other fellow listening is a poor way of making contacts."
Now we have got ourselves a "watering hole" : FT8 has taken off like I think no one expected. those 2 kHz (or sometimes more) of the band can show that poor propagation is not the same as no propagation.
I know - I focus more on 10m and VHF-UHF, but I am not shy of working stations on the HF bands.

Vy 73 de Jan OZ9QV

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I agree Jan, by the way I will be back on 10m within a few weeks. I will blog about that...73, Bas