Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whispering 80m tonight

Triggered by the succes of PC4T this morning I will be whispering 80m tonight and tomorrow morning. I really hope to reach ZL as well as my 1W signal did not reach that country yet. Anyone else reading this and capable of WSPRing is welcome to join me.


Setup: WSPR 2.10, 1W, Icom IC-706 with narrow CW filter on, NB off, DSP off, antenna 84 meter square loop horizontally on about 7-8 Mtr (0,1 wave) above wet clay soil.


Very curious about the results...


Na het succes van Paul PC4T op 80m WSPR ga ik het vannacht en morgenochtend toch ook nog maar eens proberen. Ik hoop dat mijn signaal ontvangen word in ZL, maar geluk komt er ook bij kijken natuurlijk. De antenne is meer geschikt voor NVIS, maar uiteindelijk weet je maar nooit. Iedereen die dit leest en die ook WSPR mogelijkheden heeft is welkom op 80m WSPR, ben benieuwd wie ik kan ontvangen en wie mij ontvangt.


Ben benieuwd naar het resultaat...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought I'd have a go too. Just spotted you! 5W to an end loaded bent attic dipole.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Julian, Yes I spotted you too! Not bad for the attic dipole. But you have to imagine I got the perfect NVIS antenna :-) if I would not spot you now something was seriously wrong! By the way I'm using 1W, I just entered the right dB setting. I use 2.10 for the first time and it seems to be on standard 37 dB or so.
Although it is 160m QRP activity day I hope to spot something interesting tonight on 80m. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I'm sorry just discovered didn't upload spots. They will be uploadeddd from now on...

Unique spots by PE4BAS

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, succes, met je loop moet dat toch goed lukken, lijkt me. 73 Paul