Sunday, September 9, 2018

Balloonfoxhunt 2018 @PE4BAS video



I was a little late being at the radio and install everything for simultaneous UHF/VHF. The balloon was already in and on the air. There are always more important things to do....Anyway, the once a year used triplexer came on my desk and I connected the IC-706 on UHF and the FT-817 on VHF. It was only a few minutes later when PE1BVQ Hans was calling me at my surprise! And we made the contact! We even made a second contact when the balloon went down. I didn't expect that at all with my modest UHF/VHF setup. I was using 18W out of my Icom on 70cm on the W2000 which is on top of the mast at 16m agl. I even made a QSO with a second station which was PD2EZ. It is all in the video. Enjoy! The balloon reached a height of 30km and you can see some shots in the video from what I saw on the youtube livestream. Amazing...

1 comment:

Hans said...

Hoi Bas, toch leuk dat je wat stukken hebt opgenomen. Zo kan ik ook nog eens mijn eigen signaal terughoren. Het werken via de ballonrepeater ging prima en jij was bij mij ook uitstekend te verstaan. Bedankt en tot horens. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ