Sunday, September 12, 2021

30m MLA test

 

Busy to write a blogpost about my new experiments with the homemade Magnetic Loop Antenna. But what would it be worth without testing the thing. Testsite for now is my garage, the antenna is surrounded by stone and iron.

Transmitter is the W5OLF WSPR VCXO-AXE. It transmits 1W on 30m.






All monitored by the excellent WSPR Watch app on my Iphone. 44 unique spots during the night. The transmitter was battery powered and functioned till it was empty.


4 comments:

John AE5X said...

Good results, Bas - especially for an indoor antenna. I need to give my MLA another test.

73,
John

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, in ieder geval is duidelijk dat ie werkt. 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

So far I only (ever) tested my magnetic loop inside the house. I think it will do well outside. Need to think about a clamp on my tripod to mount my MLA just like you do John. I solved the 28MHz on my MLA by the way, more about that later. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, ja het werkt. Maar misschien kan het beter? Zo een MLA is leuk om mee te experimenteren. 73, Bas