Friday, September 3, 2021

QSOs with Memmert Isl. (video)

 Decided to make a video from both QSOs since signals were very strong. Did expect about S7 from both portable stations from Memmert Isl. but in reality they were S9.


Of course most of the "path" was a few km of water. I kept listening for a while and found that they received a lot more stations compared to me. I guess that it was the extreme low noise and surrounding by water. Markus told me he took some pictures so I hope I can update this post later...

Update 29-Sept-2021:

Thanks to Markus DJ4EL who send me some photos from their activation, photos are published with permission. Thanks guys for this nice first time activation of Memmert Island.











2 comments:

Photon said...

My kind of operating! Great ham spirit - and nice to see younger people instead of a gang of retired folk!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Yes indeed. And take a look at Markus his impressive DXpedition list on his QRZ page. I think we will hear more from him in the future. 73, Bas