Saturday, May 8, 2021

WWFF JS8Call Island Activation | Hailuoto Kirkkosalmi OHFF-0970

 Julian OH8STN and Ossi OH8HUB will be activating Hailuoto Kikkosalmi Island OHFF-0970 today. The special thing is that they do it primarely on JS8Call. Read about it on Julian's website.

http://oh8stn.org/blog/2021/05/06/wwff-js8call-island-activation-hailuoto-kirkkosalmi-ohff-0970/

Since this is so special I wanted to work them. I'm no island chaser but like special contacts anyway.

At first I didn't see anything from them this morning. So I wrote Julian a message to his JS8Call inbox that I was around. But just after finishing the message I saw OH8HUB/P calling....the rest is history...


Julian is probabely taking pictures and video. So. I'm curious how they have done...

4 comments:

Photon said...

Thanks Bas - you just encouraged me to have another go at getting JS8Call going, and I am now using it successfully (I think!)

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I guess you got it working since I saw you in QSO this morning on 40m. You had a booming signal +11dB. 73, Bas

Ossi said...

Hi Bas,

Thanks for the QSO and this blog post!

I wrote my side of the story here if you want to see and read about it: https://oherrala.medium.com/ham-radio-activation-in-hailuoto-finland-2e6fe76113e8

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Thanks Ossi. 73, Bas