Sunday, May 2, 2021

F2 propagation on 10m at midnight

 Although I monitor 10m/6m quite often to detect some ES propagation there is still almost nothing to hear/see. However I got some reports that 10m (11m) does open at almost the middle of our night (22 UTC). And indeed I can report I catched such an opening last night.


I managed to make one QSO with NP3DM from Puerto Rico. And saw others making QSOs with Chile. Signals were quite good at times. But it seems to be one way. Besides that my receive is far better as my transmit coverage. Or you can see it another way.....most stations do not have a good receive possebility.

This morning 10m was open to Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. I managed 2 QSOs with Indonesia. Slowly we get some better propagation now. But to make a proper SSB QSO we probabely have to wait for about 2 weeks. However, you never know.....you can't predict everything.

3 comments:

VE9KK said...

I'm very impress Bas that you are up until midnight and then up early for more contacts. I am bushed at 10:30 and the last thing on my mind is getting on the radio.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

Photon said...

Excellent! Always fascinating.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, if I read my own story I would indeed say I was up early. But don't forget there is a time difference between UTC and local time of 2 hours. So, 9UTC is 11AM local time and not that early. 73, Bas