Saturday, April 25, 2020

Bragging

Bragging: "To talk or write about oneself in a proud or self-impressed way."

I hate bragging about myself. I'm doing my best and try not to make many faults. When you do, sometimes you get something in return. This time it is winning the PACC 2020 SO SSB Low section. This is the largest section in the PACC contest with 122 participants from the Netherlands. I really didn't expect this since I made one of the worst scores since years in this contest. But if you compare it to the scores below me I did very well. I guess everyone struggled this year...

Strange enough this is the second national contest I win with my new radio (IC-7300). I always believed the radio you use has nothing to to with it but now I'm not so shure. Could be a coincidence of course.

I promised myself and others I would return to the most difficult QRP Mixed section again after winning this low power section. So, I will participate in the QRP section next year.....it will be a challenge.

In the mean time our tomatoes are growing fast. Other seeds germinate as well, only the cucumber does not well....not shure what is going wrong. But you can't control nature...

5 comments:

John AE5X said...

In the words of one of the 1930's best baseball players, "It's not bragging if it's true." Congrats on the score, Bas!

73 - John

MadDogMcQ said...

Many congratulations Bas. Well deserved, I'm sure :-)

73, Tom, M7MCQ

VE9KK said...

That's great new Bas, it goes to show you that no matter what you think your score is just submit your score and see what happens. Oh and the tomatoes are looking good.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PA2RF said...

Gefeliciteerd Bas, 73 Ron

ON5ZO said...

It's not bragging, it's just pointing our attention to information openly available ;o)
Good job Bas! Make space for the trophy!

Enneuh... Ik ben ook gek op tomaten. Eigen kweek in volle zon, als je vingers groen worden wanneer je de plant aanraakt... die geur... Ik heb het echt wel over tomaten he! Helaas biedt de supermarkt doorgaans troep-tomaten.
En ik geraak niet aan plantjes dit jaar. Blijkbaar hebben de plantentelers niemand om ze te oogsten en naar de plantsoenwinkels te brengen? Zegt men hier...

De rest zit wel al in de grond: aubergine, pompoen en courgette, wortel en erwten. Ik probeer zelfs eens een meloen in het nieuwe klimaat! ;o)