Sunday, April 12, 2020

#10m propagation 12 April - Amazing!


There was amazing propagation on 10m today. And there still is while I write this blogpost. It is long after sunset (22:15UTC) and I think this is really amazing considering we are in the solar cycle minimum. I was even spotted in Puerto Rico and received St.Lucia (J68HZ) very well. Made several QSOs into Europe at daylight but things really went to DX after the greyline. Several QSOs with Argentina were made. Nice one was a QSO with ZD7JC from St.Helena isl. Monitoring the FT8 frequency I saw several Portuguese and Spanish stations making QSOs with New Zealand on long path! And southern Europe seemed to have good propagation to the West Indies. I was just counting my log entries on 10m today and counted 95 QSOs so far all on FT8, it is the combined result of the robot efforts and myself. And at the time of writing I'm still making QSOs. The greyline is going towards the West Indies now and I hope it will enchance the propagation, we'll see...

2 comments:

John AE5X said...

Hey Bas, it's 5:30pm local time here - I've been busy all day but just read your posting and am now on 10m FT8. Many SA stations on but I'm hoping for openings to the Pacific after sunset, similar to what we've been experiencing on 15m lately. I wonder how long this will last? Let's enjoy it while we can!
73 - John

Photon said...

Very nice! We'll see what today brings!