Friday, December 9, 2022

10m ARRL contest this upcoming weekend


2020 score to beat...

  Unfortunately I was not able to attend the 10m ARRL contest last year due to health and family issues. But this weekend I plan do spend some hours on the radio trying to make some contacts in this contest. 

You would not believe it but just like last year I was again infected by the covid-19 virus. Unable to go to the job last week I though to have time for my favorite radio hobby. But unfortunately I felt too bad, I tried a few times but couldn't concentrate. Anyway feel better now and hope that I will not have issues this weekend.


I probed 10m for DX today and was a bit disappointed at first. Nothing to hear on SSB. I checked the 11m band for DX and heard a few stations but not that much. I checked the FT8 frequency.....it was full of DX.
Well later on around sunset I did hear some SSB but signals were marginal. I hope there propagation will be better tomorrow...

2 comments:

John AE5X said...

Good luck in the contest, Bas. Will you be operating phone, CW or both? I'll call you if there's propagation and I see you spotted.

73,
John AE5X

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx John, I'll do mixed mode as always last couple of years. If propagation is low I even dare to call CQ with CW. But if too many are coming back to me I will be S&P again. Running on SSB is no problem of course. It would be a surprise to contact you on 10. 73, Bas