Sunday, December 11, 2022

#10m ARRL contest day 2 + review

  Second day of the contest. I decided to be on the radio early and before sunrise. Again I was surprised, even when it was still dark here the 10m band was full of sound. Amazing propagation. 

QSOs in the ARRL10 2022  --  Red=SSB - Green=CW


  I managed to work New Zealand this time with ZL4CZ. It was years ago that I spoke to ZL on 10m. It always remembers me of the numerous QSOs with this country on the 11m (CB) back in the early ninetees of last century. I worked lots of interesting DX but most interesting I think was the QSO with YI1WWA. This seems to be a new station from Iraq. When was the last time you heard or spoke a station from Iraq? This is certainly not heard every day. Unfortunately I was not on the radio all the time since of course there are other things in life. I missed the largest opening to the USA. Although I worked a few from Canada this time. No pile-ups like in the CQWW unfortunately. Hopefully that will happen next year if possible. Around 16:30 UTC the band closed. Last one I worked was PA0O who is from my neighbourhood. Although I did some CW I will send my log in for the SO SSB low power section. I had a lot of fun chasing the DX this weekend...



2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, very nice rundown of the 2nd day of the contest. Nice work into Iraq as well. I was not as eager as you and up and on the radio at sunrise it was more around 8:30 am my time I was sitting in the chair.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I was looking for you and saw you appearing on RBN. However propagation seem to be not to Europe for you. And I didn't receive you at all. Well Mike, ARRL10 is on of my favorites. 73, Bas