Thursday, May 26, 2022

Forget pinpoint. VarAC now recognized by PSKreporter

 


Forget about the pinpoint post I did a few weeks ago. It was a nice solution but not necessary anymore. After updating to the new V3.8.8 PSKreporter will now display VARAC mode. It works well! You can also view if interesting DX is on VarAC. Or your friends of course. I think this is a huge step forward for this digimode. I sure love it although activity is limited mostly to 20m. However this time of the year my activity is mostly on 50MHz and 70MHz. But if time allows in between I will try to be QRV with this interesting new digimode. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not quite like that, I mean.
How will you show your location when internet is down or you are offline in the bush?

PE4BAS, Bas said...

You got a (pin)point actually. In that case pinpoint would be handy again. However in real life I already noticed not many are using pinpoint. In a case of internet shutdown this will be different I guess, at least if you already have pinpoint on the computer. We are far too spoiled with internet solutions. I really think people these days will not know what to do in case of a internet shutdown. 73, Bas

OE3FQU said...


That is exactly the point!
If you want to use Pin Point only after an Internet outage it is too late, because then you can no longer download a map display!
Therefore: Set up PinPoint or APRSIS in time, so that you have it when you need it!
73 de OE3FQU