Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Fast repair A99 vertical


 

Not that I intend to use the vertical again on short notice. But I would like to have it ready for future experiments. I suspected the vertical to be broken and I was right. The glasfiber fibers can have much tension but it will age and splice in the end.




I don't really use this A99 as CB antenna. The actual radiator inside was broken already long time ago. This antenna is approx 30 years old, so I can't blame the manufacturer. It has withstand a lot of large windgusts and although the glasfiber has been sliced it didn't break completely yet.

This glasfiber vertical is used as a bearer for several experiments. The latest was a clone/idea of a very populair vertical antenna made in the UK.

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2021/09/concept-antenna-concept.html







I decided to cut off the sliced part which was about 10cm (4 inch). And glued the connection nut with a special 2 component glue. I think it is strong enough to last for another decade. At least I have it ready for a next experiment.

No comments: