Friday, May 27, 2022

#6m ITU HQ almost & internet temptations

 


Hans PB2T is currently active from 4U1ITU ITU Headquarters. This counts as DXCC. I received his signal through the morning. Probabely due to airplane scatter. At a certain moment he received me as well while giving him a report. Unfortunately we couldn't finish the QSO. There was no airplane reflecting our signal within the time available.


On KST chat Hans warned me not to try to make the QSO via internet. It was not my intention of course. I just wanted to let him know I still received his efforts to send his report. I didn't realize by writing him that I was trying to send him my RR he could see this as part of the QSO and that way he knew I received his report. In that case he could send a 73 and QSO could be logged. I'm happy he didn't. This seems to be a common mistake made on the chat. The temptation of such a internet service. Please be warned and don't make these mistakes yourself.

No comments: