Saturday, August 15, 2020

Late season opening to USA

I always keep an eye on the blog of WW1L during the ES-seaon. He seems to have 6m propagation almost everyday. And always hears DX. Probabely he has an excellent location and antennasystem. Most important on 6m is being there when there is DX. This afternoon there was a  brief and very weak opening to the USA.


I think I've called CQ into the USA direction at least 50 times. The result was 1 "flag" from W4MAY from Florida. Not bad considering I use about 75W into my 5/5 YU7EF yagi.

I still hope for a massive opening between USA/Canada and Europe late evening (my evening). It is possible and we had one in August 2018. But the chance we get such propagation will be improbable every day.

There is one day left of my vacation, I have to get back to the job on monday. Last week it was too hot to do much. Some tasks were done in the morning when temperature was lower. We Dutch are not really used to tropical temperatures.

But our tomatoes are doing well. Coloring red already and actually the big red one was tasted this afternoon...delicious!

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, toch goed om daar gehoord te worden. De tomaten staan er mooi bij. Jammer dat je vakantie erop zit. Wel mooi gehad, bij tijd en wijle wel te heet, zeker om in de shack te zitten. Ik wacht weer op wat verkoeling. The xyl heeft ook vakantie en we zijn veel op pad in Nederland om te fietsen en zo. 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, het was prachtig weer voor iemand die van tropisch houd. Wij dus niet. Zelfs om te fietsen was het te warm. Bedenk wel dat er hier relatief weinig bomen zijn dus ook geen schaduw. Veel plezier en geniet er van. Het koele weer komt ongetwijfeld binnenkort wel weer. 73, Bas