Thursday, December 12, 2019

#10m #FT8 12-Dec-2019 too late...

SFI:71 SN:0 A:6 K:0



There was a small opening around 19 UTC to south america, Unfortenately I was too late and not at the station. ODX was LU2DAJ 11619km. I did a few CQs later on and was received around europe but no one came back to me. Started monitoring early again around 6 UTC. A few CQs resulted again with some spots from Germany. Special to me was a solid copy from PD1RP Peter who's transmitting from Amsterdam at around 15 UTC, Peter is one of the team members from the PA6AA contest group.

I think best chance in the 10m ARRL contest will be between 10-16 UTC with a path possebility to south america between 17:30-19:30 UTC. Unfortunately my time at the possible evening path will be occupied this weekend but will do my best to make some european contacts.

2 comments:

Photon said...

Nice post! I want to try 10m from the beach, now! I don't have a stick antenna for that band, so I will get either 1 10m vertical made up today, or deploy a 10m delta loop that's lying around in the shed! Good luck if you have a go!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I don't know when you want to try John. 10m openings are very sporadic. Most of the time I relate it to meteorscatter these days. I'll have my radio on the FT8 freq today till late this evening...73, Bas