Thursday, December 26, 2019

60m Christmas DX

Well, everyone should know, Christmas is the best time for DX! But of course you need to balance your time between family and hobby. However, the 60m band is mostly a nighttime DX band. So when everyone is sleeping it's time to DX. Unfortunately I need some rest as well, I can't stay up the whole night. But there is enough DX that can be worked in the evening already.

Christmas evening I worked 2 new DXCC and reworked one that I was not shure about I was in the log. The first new one was with 8P2K from Barbados. I knew that this station had been active the day before but I had no time to be on the radio at that time. Luckely he was on again,






Second station was VP8EME from Falkland Islands. I never received any good signal station from VP8 on 60m but propagation was in our favour this time. I managed to make the contact for another new one on 60m.





Third station was ZF1DM from Cayman Islands. I thought to have worked Danny before but I was not shure he got my RR73 message. But from my second chance I immidiatly received his eQSL...

Of course I worked a lot of other DX. Many from the USA, Canada and Brazil. But most important I received a lot of DX as well. Most of them already worked. Spotted were: Z81D, C5YK, HC2AO, 9K2YM

And then first Christmas day, everyone was calling Z81D. But I was aiming for my fellow blogger AE5X from Texas. We tried to make a sked a while ago on 17m but it didn't happen. I noticed I could receive him on 60m lately and wrote him a e-mail yesterday since I was on the radio just with a few minutes difference between his CQ and me being on the keyboard. So I had a estimated time this time....and it did happen. We finally made a QSO. Thanks John!


Well, I already publish this blogpost but Christmas is not yet over. If there are more Christmas DX presents I will certainly update.

Merry Christmas everybody!

6 comments:

John AE5X said...

Good to work you, Bas - it certainly took us long enough! Best of 73 to you and we'll do it again in 2020.
John AE5X

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx John, I noticed you reported back to hamspots and did receive me several times. I'm glad we finally made it. Till we meet again. 73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, dat zijn mooie DXCC, nog fijne kerstdagen en DX, 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Fijne kerstdagen Paul, het is alweer bijna voorbij. 73, Bas

Dirk PA1BD said...

Hoi Bas mooie DX maar in welke mode zijn deze gemaakt? Ik ben nog niet bekend met 60M . Goede jaarwisseling en veel gezondheid en DX in het nieuwe jaar 2020. 73 Dirk PA1BD

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Dirk, als je goed kijkt naar de QSL kaart van ZF1DM had je het antwoord geweten. FT8 dus, daar word 99% van de QSO's mee gemaakt op 60m. Er is nog maar een heel klein deel dat gebruik maakt van CW of SSB. Prettige feestdagen en veel plezier, gezondheid en DX in het nieuwe jaar. 73, Bas