Originally the famous HamClock was invented and hosted by Elwood WB0OEW. You could build one yourself and use his software to run on for example a small RaspberryPi. You could also buy a ready to use device. Personally I made my own version a while ago and ran it via Wifi to view it on any computer or tablet. It was a fun project but I loved it and hated it. I never got it stable and as soon as it need an update I had to start the RaspberryPi again. I also barely looked at it actually. Unfortunately Elwood died at the start of this year and his hamclock back end server would stop. Luckily quickly there were several projects to get another back end server online, probabely openhamclock is the most wel known one now.
These days there are also very nice online hamclocks online which work well in your browser. Some are very good usable some are less usable. It's just what you are looking for. I recently made a list of some interesting online hamclocks to use on any computer with a browser and internet connection.
| One of the monitors featuring hamdash |
Recently I got a few HP Pro 3520 computermonitor with build in computer. They came from my job and they wanted to throw them away. They are not the fastest computers with Intel Core i3 processors and old harddrives. But fast enough to run a linux version with all features on it. Including of course the famous FireFox browser. I tried several linux versions but found Ubuntu the best and the most complete. Since I want the screens controllable with only a mouse I needed an on screen keyboard which is not always an option in every linux distribution but is standard in Ubuntu.
Here is my list of interesting online hamclocks:
Personally I have no room for another monitor, so I want to sell them if anyone is interested. They could be used for anything of course. Not only as a hamclock.
No comments:
Post a Comment