Sunday, November 26, 2023

#CQWW CW only DX

 Well, almost only DX. I did work some known stations like fellow bloggers VE3VN and VE9KK and some stations from my neighbourhood. But the majority of my contacts was with unusual stations and DX.

I did make a map but it went wrong due to the fact that sometimes stations have the wrong QTH locator placed on their QRZ page. So I will not show it here. Instead a list of the DXCC I worked this weekend.


   Not that I was really very active. Most time was spend on Sunday and being on the radio was on/off. Propagation was not the best. I had some time Saturday evening but the bands were death from 20m and above due to aurora. After all I am surprised I could work this many DXCC.

80 QSOs are not that many, actually I was more listening and searching for interesting DX.

FW5N was not worked. They were on the wrong bands on the wrong time for us. Like 80m/40m when 10m was open. It's a pity but you can't have it all. I'm shure I will meet someone from Wallis & Futuna in the future.

I was able to get my rotorcontrol working from N1MM+, it worked very well on 10m. Besides that I noticed that I start to recognise some letters and numbers in morsecode which is a good sign. 

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, it was nice to work you again this year in the contest. I heard a PE come back to me and I was wondering it that was you. Low and behold it was! You were right at the noise floor but with the filtering I use for contesting on the 7610 I had no issues hearing you.
73 and have a good week,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, it was great working you again. You were doubling with a EU7 station at that time. I was struggling to hear you but in the end we did make the contact. You got very good ears (and filters) since I was not expecting you would get my call the first time already, but you did. I also heard you on 10m but I was not quickly enough to turn my beam and you were gone too soon hi. 73, Bas