Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Building another YU7EF duoband antenna (2)

 Of course another antenne build by me always goes slow. I have to do this in between all my other chores. Unfortunatelty there is always something that happens like a water tap leakage, a faulty switch, a light that suddenly breaks and this weekend we had a leaking kitchen sink. You see, it always happens just when I want to build something. Anyway, some progress has been made. This time with the boom of the antenna. On request I made it extra strong. And because of that I had the possebilty to cut the boom at the center because it needs to be transported of course.


You see, it is still quite cold in the Netherlands. That's why I have my wood stove burning in the garage. The wind comes from the cold north for weeks now and since I'm living at the northern coast you can imagine that we get that coldest air first...


The boom of this antenna is aluminium 30x30mm over 4,15m long. Bernard wants it as strong as possible so I mounted another piece of 30x30mm with a length of 1,85m below the center. I bolted 2 pieces of thick angled aluminium at the center with clamps to mount the antenna in the tower. I probabely need to add weight at the front to get the whole antenna in balance when it is finished. I did that with my own antenna as well.

I have a antenna loving visitor for quite a while every evening. It is a blackbird that sings a beautiful song...probabely not because it is loving the antennas but to impress the blackbird ladies. Enjoy...




2 comments:

MadDogMcQ said...

Aah, beautiful songbird :-) The first thing I spotted in your workshop was that glorious wood-burner! I used to rebuild old Japanese motorbikes in my garage and I always wanted a wood-burner but never got around to it, using rubbish electric fan heaters instead :-(

I will watch this build with interest. It looks like it's going to be a whopper.

73, Tom, MR7MCQ.
www.m7mcq.com

PE4BAS, Bas said...

The build is very slow Tom. I wish I had more time. 73, Bas