Tuesday, October 25, 2022

#60m TY0RU worked (or not?)

 I had only 10 minutes in the morning before going to the job. Just when I decided to close my station TY0RU came back for me.


But received no RR73 unfortunately. It seems they suffer from high QRM levels. 


Checking the log this afternoon says I'm not in the log on 60m. However I'm in the log on many other bands. As a matter of fact I worked them this weekend and didn't even mention it in my last post. It obviously didn't impress me, I worked 5 of the 6 bands in about 20 minutes and only 15m was worked on Sunday because I forgot to work it Saturday. I really don't like it when you don't have to try at all but work such a DXpedition at once. So, I will try again for 60m if possible, I believe the DXpedition is there till tommorow.

So different from my first QSO to Benin in 2009, it took me days and hours just to work them only on 17m.

Update 27-Okt: On a total chaos 60m band FT8 frequency I got a reply from TY0RU again this morning at 5 UTC. And again no RR73. TY0RU has a strange way of operating. 90% is calling CQ and only few QSOs are made. Besides that the number of retry when he does not receive the RR73 or the R report is only 2 times before getting back to calling CQ. It is like the operator doesn't care at all. But I  don't blame them. The DXpedition crew is probabely very tired. Since I think the DXpedtion is on it's last day I don't think I have another chance to work Benin on 60m. Ah well, who cares....

3 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, I worked them on the weekend on 20m CW. For me, it was crowded but I was able to follow his pattern and worked him in about 10m. I only have him on 20m.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

Anonymous said...

Hier hetzelfde Bas gewerkt op 30 cw en 60 FT8 maar niet in log!?? Hopelijk later wel.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@Mike I think it is more difficult for stations from the Americas. Congrats with your contact on 20. I didn't search for them on SSB/CW. Personally I would prefer a SSB contact but it is difficult these days. 73, Bas