Sunday, June 12, 2022

#6m Mexico worked



It was an incredible sunday afternoon. USA came in already early and propagation kept on and off and on all the time till local midnight. I've tried to work XE2OR a few times over the day, I saw this station from late afternoon till late in the evening. To receive stations from this far west from USA on 6m is very unusual. Of course I was not on the radio all the time but kept receiving and trying to make some contacts during breaks using remote on my telephone. Again PSKreporter does not report everything since I saw far more DX not shown in this map. I tried to call SSB several times but besides some european stations there was no DX coming back to me although some stations from USA/Canada at 50.323MHz sometimes did have a real S9 on my S-meter.

2 comments:

John AE5X said...

Hi Bas, how much power did you need on 6m to work XE? Congrats on a great DX contact!

73,
John

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John, I used about 70W like always on 6m FT8. 73, Bas