Friday, February 25, 2022

Blogroll maintenance

 Once and a while I do some maintenance on my blogroll. Personally I think blogs that don't feature new items for over a year are less interesting so I remove them. Sometimes people don't do blogging anymore or moved to another platform like twitter, instagram, facebook or youtube. So unfortunate because there were some very good bloggers around. Sometimes blogs are purely made for a project and when it ends the blog ends. I understand that, just an example is VE0JS who sailed successfully around the world and kept a blog while on her way. Another one is 3W3RR Romeo who did QSL and blog from jail, he's back in Russia now and at least the english language blog has stopped. G3CWI stopped with his sotabeams blog and is now active on youtube. Anyway, if you have an interesting blog about our radiohobby and want to be in my blogroll just give a comment on this post and I will read the blog first before I decide. There is only one blog that I will not remove. It is the blog from G4ILO. Julian died 7 years ago and was one of my most favorite blogs to read. It's still online and has a lot of interesting articles.

2 comments:

MadDogMcQ said...

I agree with your about G4ILO’s brilliant blog and in general, I prefer to read a blog than read Twitter or YouTube posts. To me, reading a good blog is like reading a good book that just keeps on going (Never ending story, lol). Richard’s YouTube Channel is just not the same as his blog.

Your own blog is the perfect example of what blogging is about.

73, Tom, M7MCQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

It's the same to me Tom, I love reading. That's why I am still blogging I guess. But others like to watch. It is just what suit you best. 73, Bas