Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2021 statistics

 


I was surprised to see that the percentage of CW has been higher compared to previous years. SSB is still my prefered mode. The total number of DXCC worked this year is higher as well. I really love to work DX.


Always interesting to see what bands I've been on. 80m due to contesting is counting a large amount of QSO but it is not my prefered DX band. I made a lot more QSO on 30m, most of it new band DXCC. We are finally officially allowed on 30m FT8 since this year.


Didn't experiment a lot with new modes. I have been listening with the new FST and Q65 modes but never made a QSO. Hopefully that will change in 2022. The one FM QSO I made was with AE7KI from the USA on 10m. No JT9 and AM last year. I believe it was the first year I didn't make any JT9 QSOs despite I love this digimode.


Well, the usual graph I think. High number of QSOs in March and Oktober due to the big CQWW contests. In December only 55 QSOs due to circumstances beyond my control.

4 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, it sure does become very interesting when you break things down with the charts.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, tnx for your comment. It sure does, it give a good insight on my activities. If you compare it to previous years you see especially a shifting in the use of digi modes from PSK to JT65 and JT9 and then to FT8 and FT4. I would really be interesting to see what's going on in 10 years. 73, Bas

MadDogMcQ said...

Hi Bas,
I’m just staggered by the volume of QSO’s you make! You’re incredibly active. And I love that your modes of operation are so varied - getting proper value for money from your gear :-)

73, Tom, M7MCQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

It will surprise you that during this month I did not make a single QSO. 73, Bas