Friday, June 4, 2021

#6m magic did not happen

 For many here in Europe the 6m opened yesterday and especially in the evening towards north, central and south America. The FT8 frequency (50.313) was so full of signals that you couldnt find a single empty spot. 

PSK reporter didn't even show what I saw. I saw many stations from Ecuador for instance. And many PA stations from the western and southern part of the Netherlands made QSOs with them. Unfortunately, like almost always, it is and was very difficult from the northern part of the Netherlands. It seems I was just at the shoreline of propagation and waves would just not get here. Only for a few with very big antennas and a lot of power it was possible from here. However in the end I managed to work one station from Brazil and one from Dominican rep.. I almost had a QSO with US Virgin Island, but in the end we couldn't exchange the RR. I did send Brad K0BZ a mail and he answered he saw me many times. But every time he called there were at least 20 stations coming back to him. So it was just a matter of luck....and luck didn't happen from my QTH this time. I noticed however my signal did get out. I saw spots from Canada almost every 2-3 minutes on hamspots.net from my signal in Canada. Stations seen last evening came from Bonaire, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican rep., US Virgin Isl. and Puerto Rico.  I've been looking at CW/SSB but not much DX there. I heard only one Spanish station on SSB.

Next time the magic will happen...

Just to remember the rules on intercontinental DX:

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2019/06/ft8-intercontinental-dx-code-of-practise.html


No comments: