Thursday, August 20, 2026

NTCQP August

 

NTCQP setup

   Love this one hour CW QSO party. It's all about fun and you can operate different ways. This month the challenge was QRP. 5 points for every QSO made with QRP power.  So I took the (tr)uSDX for this task. And this time I wanted to do the mechanic section for a change. So I connected my Jesse H. Bunnell steel lever straightkey.


One hour of searching, calling and sweating. It was difficult at times. Calling CQ did not get any response on both 40m and 80m. Most stations I heard were called by many others so most of the time I did move to see if I could work someone else which was difficult. At least I worked 6 stations, 5 on 40m and 1 on 80m.

First QSO was with PA3GPX Rene, I was glad he recognized me imidiatly. Last QSO was with PA3HEN Theo which I met personally on the Beetsterzwaag radio market in spring. I think he recognized me as he did QRS (slower code) for me which I appreciate very much.

QSO:    7033 CW 2026-08-20 1905   PA3GPX       599  RENE       260      

QSO:    7034 CW 2026-08-20 1910   OK2BVX      599  DALI       209      

QSO:    7022 CW 2026-08-20 1919   OK2KKI       599  PAVEL     NM       

QSO:    3556 CW 2026-08-20 1939   DF7DJ          599  BERT       235      

QSO:    7034 CW 2026-08-20 1957   PA4N            599  FRANK   295      

QSO:    7035 CW 2026-08-20 1959   PA3HEN      599  THEO       3   

 I think I discovered something else. The J.H.Bunnell key is not my thing. It is way too light and for people with sensitive soft hands. In the heat of the CW game I have a very heavy fist like they call it. I felt so sorry for the nice key which behaved like a frog when I was keying the code :-). It really looks nice and it is screaming for a gentle operator which I am not. I think I have to choose another key from the keys I still have to restore. Probably a militairy bulletproof key is better for me hihi. Till the next QSO party . .

No comments: