Thursday, March 11, 2021

#60m Curacao worked

 With the whole covid-19 situation there are not many DXpeditions on air. What a difference with the start of last year. But at least I finally managed to contact PJ2/DK5ON Andy from Curacao. It took me some days trying. The problem was that Andy's signal was so loud everyone could hear (see) him and so the pile-up was huge. But yesterday evening he was quite early with low signals at first. This time he saw my signal and the QSO was made.


When I was looking for PJ2/DK5ON a few days ago I suddenly saw A71AE again on air. Since I was not in his online log I presumed I have been working a pirate station before. So, I worked him again and this time I appeared in his online log.

4 comments:

John AE5X said...

Congrats on the new one Bas. Hopefully you will be able to add Botswana soon. A25RU starts on Monday if all goes according to plan.

73,
John

Photon said...

Excellent! I used to fly over Curacao a fair bit. The blue seas are amazing! But radio QSO is cheaper!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John,
I will certainly keep an eye on that station. Tnx for the tip! 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

We almost got on Curacao for our honeymoon holiday 15 years ago. However I could not get a long enough holiday to get there. So we went to Kos (greece) after all. Sometimes I do regret that. 73, Bas