Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Garden July 2020 - PACC trophy

Not that there is no radio activity....but it's also time to enjoy other things. This is the time our garden is full of flowers. Lots of colors all around...


And while we enjoy the garden a package arrived...


The PACC contest is the most important and biggest Dutch radiocontest organised by the dutch radio organisation VERON. I'm participating in this contest since 2006 when I was able to be on HF legally. The biggest section in this contest is the SSB Low Power section with over 100 participants every year. So you have a lot of competitors, some of them with excellent contesting skills. I discovered that you almost always find the same operators in the top 20 of this section every year. So you know what they are up to. My goal was, of course, to win this section at least once in my lifetime. So, I slowly crawled up every year, last years I always end in the top 10 and even got some third and second places. But this year I was lucky and finally won this section after 14 years of trying. I have to tell it was actually 12 times since I participated in the QRP section for 2 years. Next goal will be the QRP section again which is the most difficult. There is no SSB QRP and CW QRP section in this contest, only mixed QRP so it is both CW and SSB. It will be a big challenge for the next years....


8 comments:

MadDogMcQ said...

WOW!!!!! THAT'S AMAZING Bas!! Many congratulations!!!

73, Tom, M7MCQ

VE9KK said...

Good evening Bas, my wife and I viewed the garden video and it was amazing and Julie loved the wild flowers in the garden! A BIG congratulation on the 1st place and as you said (in a humble way) it takes time, effort and work to get first place! Seems to me that if you want the QRP first place....looks like you are going to become a CW contester as well?? Great work Bas and thanks for the posting it gives us all the confidence we can get there was well.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, de eerste plaats. Geweldig gedaan. Gefeliciteerd. 73 Paul

Gerrie said...

Gefeliciteerd Bas! Moet wel goede radio zijn ;-)

73 gerrie

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx Tom, 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, I might do some more videos from our garden or nice places in my neighbourhood. I really enjoy the flowers myself and want to share them with everyone. Yes, it really seems like I got all those first places for nothing but it took a lot of effort to get this far. I've been contesting CW, so I have experience, but 90% is with computer decoding. So, I really need to do some more CW practise. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Bedankt Paul, 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Het is wel frappant Gerrie. Ik heb de Friese 11 steden contest gewonnen en ook nog de LP SSB sectie van de PACC met de IC-7300. ZOu het geen toeval zijn? 73, Bas