Saturday, March 7, 2020

#10m propagation 7-March - South Africa

My FT8 robot did some nice work on 10m again. Worked ZS6AYE, ZS95SARL, ZS6SJR, ZS6DPL.

Lot's of European stations heard, and I (well my robot) was heard by lots in Europe but only a QSO with EA5YI and PA8D was made. There was much QSB but I have the idea not everyone has a good receive these days. Even 10m is affected by all kind of electrical noise from appliances surrounding us. I have free sight to the south and so no noise in that direction. But if I turn the beam to the west I have a lot of noise probabely from solar panel optimizers. So unfortunate....

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, al die zonnepanelen en veel andere electronica veroorzaakt veel man made noise. Ik weet nog dat ik op Ameland zat een een noisefloor had van S1 op 20 meter. Hier is dat S9. standaard. 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ja ik weet het Paul. Ook Hans BVQ heeft dat. Ik heb op 20m ook maar S2 ruis. Dat vind ik dan nog veel. Op de HF5B beam vorig jaar was dat gewoon S0 ruis. Daar wil ik dan toch wel weer heen. Maar het is jammer dat onze hobby zo verpest word door slechte PV installaties, want het kan echt wel goed maar dat kost extra geld....73, Bas