Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Mongolia on topband

I was wandering over the bands this evening looking for DX. Looking for a contact with D68CCC (Comoros) actually but couldn't hear or see him on any band. So I was checking propagation on 30/40/60/80/160. I just arrived on 160m when I saw JT1CO from Mongolia calling....and some miracle happened, I made the QSO! I don't know why the vertical is doing so well on 160m? It is actually a 30m vertical dipole on top of my tower. May be I should consider abandoning 60m for a while and take 160m as my new DX band?

4 comments:

John AE5X said...

Awesome contact Bas - I can only dream!

Unknown said...

Ham radio is always full of surprises......excellent work!
73,
Mike
VE9KK

Photon said...

Fantastic! Don't you just love it when that happens?

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Tnx guys, yes indeed.....I love it, I love it....73, Bas