Friday, October 25, 2019

#cqww reminder & request and working VP6R

Just to remind you all that the CQWW DX SSB contest is this full 48 hours weekend! Please give us a call! Our callsign will be PA6AA. Find all info and latest spots HERE.

If possible I would like to request video and audio recordings from our signal were ever you are. This will be for research and publicity after the contest. All QSOs will be confirmed via QSL bureau. If you got something to share my e-mail adres and/or from PA6AA can be found via QRZ.com.

So far the team has all antennas in place. However they expect large winds tomorrow and this could damage the antennas as we experienced in previous years. Last night we already had some damage but team members have repaired everything. We hope all repairs will hold.




Via the HamAlert app I saw VP6R (Pitcairn Island) spotted again on 60m FT8 this morning. I had to
try on remote but I had problems reaching my desktop. However, I managed to solve the problems and had a chance to try. VP6R was weak at first but far after sunrise the signal suddenly came up. In F/H mode I even saw 5 traces at the same time. Best report I saw was -3dB which is pretty strong for a station from the other side of the world. After a first unsuccessful try the second report was confirmed by a RR73. See the 7 messages in 1 timeslot from VP6R! Several sources on the internet told that you need WSJT-X V2.1 to make contact but you can do it with JTDX as well...
Well, I'm very happy with this ATNO and new one on 60m, you can imagine. The amazing thing is that last signal from VP6R I received was a CQ with -18dB at 9:25 UTC. That is 11:25 local time and 3 hours after local sunrise!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in the contest Bas and I hope the winds this evening leave the antennas alone!
Looking forward to reading the results.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

pa0o said...

Succes daar . Ik dacht nog aan jullie met die plotseling heftige wind gisteravond fb VP6R op 60m lukte hier ook .ze waren lang zichtbaar op 60m

iu0ica said...

I am IU0ICA i contact VP6R but on OQRS i are not in log on 20m band there is a possibility to receive the QSL via OQRS. This is mi log entry:

date ddmmyyy time station dx station band freq rsts rstr
18:10:2019 15:30 IU0ICA VP6R 20m 14,090 -13 -12

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I can't help you. You have to contact the VP6R crew I guess. Find how on QRZ.com. 73, Bas