Wednesday, September 18, 2019

20m WSPR 1W TX @PE4BAS

I was on 20m WSPR for about 24h at 17-Sept. Just to check and see how propagation is these days. I'm really surprised actually to see so many spots in this low sunspot period.

There are a number of sites you can check afterwards. Personally I like the VK7JJ wspr site and the PE1ITR WSPR rx challenge site. See my results compared to others here. 189 unique decodes giving me rank 17. And total distance 386241km giving me rank 38. It is incredible what others receive, like OE9HLH receiving 275 uniques.  From his qrz page I can't see any really special equipment or antennas. He has to be at a high (top of a mountain?) and qrm free location.

RX map:


ODX was LU9XT. I made some error decodes as well.


TX map:


Most special station: I was received at the icebreaker Oden. Callsign 8S8ODEN. Lars seems to be active as well at times.


I was not spotted by any station from Australasia or Africa. It might be a noise or QRM thing on their side. I can't imagine no one listening. Of course it could be a propagation thing as well. Although I received stations from Africa at the same time.

1 comment:

VE9KK said...

Good evening Bas, thanks very much for the links I really like VK7JJ site I have bookmarked the site and will be using it to see what the propagation is like from the east coast.
73,
Mike
VE9KK