Thursday, November 23, 2017

Symbiotic HAMradio hobby

Although the biologic meaning of symbiotic strictly refers to "living together", regardless of the nature of the relationship, in casual speech the word typically implies a beneficial relationship. 

 When analyzing the problem I have connecting the laptop to my phone for a shared internet connection I was thinking of this. When you use digimode these days you need a time keeping device, a symbiotic device you can say. Most weak signal modes now have time slots which you need to be in within a few seconds otherwise there is nothing decoded. I described a GPS time keeping device earlier this year. However it is reliable only in the field as, at least my device, is not working well inside a building. That's why I use my phone. And what is in all these devices? Right, a radio transmitter, transceiver or receiver. I finally solved my laptop to phone connection with a bleutooth connection via a PAN (Personal Area Network). Strange enough my laptop would not connect to my phone via WiFi although I see it in my list it keeps trying to ask for network configuration. With PAN via bluetooth it was all solved and at least I can keep the time steady on my ancient XP laptop.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Mooi opgelost Bas, met die PAN via BT. Ik kende het niet maar het geeft wel weer nieuwe perspectieven.
73 Hans, PE1BVQ