Thursday, March 23, 2017

#cqww WPX SSB 2017 what's interesting?

Well, in the weekend that our time changes from winter to summertime (or vice versa) it's contest
time. So is this weekend. I've been looking at the announced operations for this contest. So far the
only interesting DXCC that's a ATNO for me personally would be E51 (South Cook Isl.) and S21 (Bangladesh). I will look out for them definitely. If I would plan a major DXpedition I would always try to do that during the biggest contests weekends, it gives so many more QSOs. However propagation is a bit low but chances for DX are always there. I will not be on for 48 hours but slip into the shack whenever possible, probabely most times during the night and early morning. The PE4 suffix is not that common so I expect some nice pile-ups.

Hear you on the air! 

5 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, dit weekend? Ik zal eens gaan kijken. Even de mic afstoffen. ;-) 73 Paul PC4T

Hans said...

Nachtbraker! Veel succes. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, als je wat leuke DX wilt werken kan dit een gelegenheid zijn....dust off that mic and go work the DX! 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

We zullen zien Hans... 73, Bas

Bert, PA1B said...

Hallo Bas,lekker meedoen en na de wedstrijd genieten van wat je allemaal gewerkt hebt. Veel succes. 73, Bert