Monday, March 30, 2015

CQ WPX last logged QSO 5J0B



Didn't have time yet to analyze the log from the wpx last weekend. Have to do my homework first and send the log in before I can write something in this blog. I followed the advice from PH0NO Lars and planned this weekend in the agenda long time ago. It gave me the possebility to concentrate on the contest almost the whole weekend. The only ATNO from the list I've heard was 5J0B from San Andres Island. But despite hearing him on 10m and 15m the pile-up was too big and I couldn't reach him. Lucky me, just before I thought to call it the end I saw him spotted by a PA station on 15m. So, I quickly typed the frequency in the logfield and heard him with 55 QSB, not too busy. Unfortenately late in the evening QRM is also S5 on the loop, but S0 on the vertical. So, I switched, loop for TX and vertical for RX. It worked and a few calls later I was in the log. At least one ATNO worked this CQ WPX contest. 5J0B was QSO number 840 in my log and I went QRT after the QSO.

More about the CQ WPX contest later....

No comments: