Sunday, August 16, 2026

International Lighthouse and lightship weekend.

 This weekend there was the lighthouse and lightship activation. Have been hunting for it before. This time I was looking for OZ1NBG since one of the participants Kees PA3KL was one of the activators there. And of course I love Denmark.


Pilsummer lighthouse By kaʁstn Disk/Cat - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11868935

Tried many times to hear OZ1NBG on several bands, But only heard them briefly at 40m SSB. I managed to break the pile-up and made the contact. Would like to work them on CW as well but have not heard them since, A list of lighthouses and lightships I worked below.

Groote Kaap lighthouse

V55LH Diaz Point NA-0004

DA0DH Dahneshoeved DE-0003

PI4WAL Westkappele high NL-0017

OJ0YL Market Reef FI-0011

OR5R Westhinder 1 lightship BE-0004

TM22LH Bodic FR-0027

DL0EM Campen DE-0048

DA1HW Plau am see DE-0119

PD0FSB/P Den Oever NL-0041

PA0XAW Groote kaap NL-0037

Nordborg fyr (lighthouse)
OZ1NBG Nordborg OZ-0006

PA/DA1MT/LT Zoutelande NL-0046

DK0MAR Fehmarbelt lightship DE-0018

DK0OC Pilsum DE-0066

DL6WWM Heidkate DE-0038

GB2LG Mull of Galloway UK-0086



Fun contact was with the station at Pilsummer lighthouse. It is almost visible from here and signals were very strong. Some laughter when I told my location.

No comments: