Monday, January 22, 2024

VCXO-AXE 30m WSPR transmissions with MLA last 24 hours

Not really planned but had to retract the tower. The forecast showed large wind gusts here on the coast and I didn't trust it at all. So I tried the experimental halo which is actually for 20m and up. It didn't work at all. My last escape was setting up the MLA in the shack and at least be on 30m WSPR for the night and the day till my battery would die.

Things to keep in mind, for myself in the future:

  • The antenna switch needs power otherwise all inputs are switched to earth. 
  • The gymboss timer doesn't have to be on 2 minutes, the transmitter does have its own WSPR cycle.
I really didn't know what to expect. It has been a long time ago that I experimented with this transmitter. It still does its job. Actually it has been a long time ago I experimented with WSPR anyway. I noticed things are changed. The VK7JJ WSPR Rocks site is expanded and PE1ITR's WSPR challenge site is gone! There are probably more interesting sites featuring WSPR analysis, can anyone give me some tips?



942 spots! Isn't that incredible? And 132 uniques. ODX K9AN over 6830km. 


I mean, this is with 1W in a tiny magnetic loop inside my shack! Isn't this amazing?
I will think about another 24h run with my inverted-V in one of the next days.

No comments: