Monday, August 26, 2019

Back from OZ

Not much activity this month. I finally got my 3 weeks vacation....that means I finally manage to do maintenance at home. 2 weeks of working at home doing all kind of things like painting and building. Last week we finally had our real vacation to Denmark. I didn't bring any radio equipment this time since I wanted to spend all the time with the family. However, you can't beat radio out of my head. Of course I spotted some nice antennas. With the help of QRZ.com it was easy to find out who the antennas belong to.


I spotted this antenna farm first near Saeby but couldn't make a picture because of rain. Drove by later and made this picture. It belongs to OZ1HNE as far as I can find. I seems the antennas are quite new. What made me wonder is how the antennas are turned? Not much info on QRZ.com unfortunately.


Just around a corner in Holtet on the coastal way to Hals I spotted this great antenna. It belongs to OZ5HP. He has a decent QRZ.com page about his antennas and masts.

I spotted some more antennas along the way. Some in Saeby village itself. But we couldn't stop there to make photographs.

Nice to see how others have their antennas around the house. Besides this, of course we did have a great holiday and especially enjoyed the surroundings which are always different from what we used to in our own country.

6 comments:

Photon said...

Always very interesting to note where antennas appear! It always seemed to me that the further a house is from mainstream civilisation, the more antennas pop up!

I worked near Ebeltoft, east of Aarhus for a while, so nice to see Denmark again!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ebeltoft is known to me as well, was there 2 years ago. Visited the glass museum. And we've been viewing the nice village. I love Denmark. 73, Bas

Jan, OZ9QV said...

If you come near Copenhagen, give me a sign. e might meet up.
73, Jan, OZ9QV

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Jan, if we ever do I will contact you. Tnx, 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, weer veilig terug van vakantie. En net als ik, omhoog kijken om ergens antennes te ontdekken. Ik denk dat alle zendamateurs dat doen. Ik heb in Drente al menig mooie mast op de foto gezet. Ik ben benieuwd of je nog de 817 gemist hebt. Ik zou niet meer zonder kunnen, maar hij staat ook niet elke dag aan. Meestal even in de ochtend of avond op HF. Overdag is de aandacht aan mijn xyl.
73 Hans, PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, ik heb de radio geen moment gemist hoor. Had het ARRL antennabook bij me die ik van jou heb gekregen en helemaal doorgelezen in Denemarken. Verder had ik het boek over de IC-7300 bij me die ik ook helemaal gelezen heb. Nuttige info voor de hobby. Ik had al het idee dat je wat minder aktief bent met de hobby maar dat is ook logisch. Het komt wel weer....73, Bas