Tuesday, March 26, 2019

#60m DX 25/26 March

Monitoring almost 24/7 last week revealed propagation to central america at night. The only problem is the time, not so convenient when you have to work next day. Yesterday evening I already noticed good propagation to the west when USA was worked early and my first with ZP4KFX (Paraquay) was a fact. I couldn't sleep well, I guess after all it was DX-fever. And decided to look if I could work some DX. About 5 minutes later TG9ANF (Guatemala) and TI2LX (Costa Rica) appeared in my log.



RX/TX last 24 hours


2 comments:

John AE5X said...

Congrats on the Central American DX, Bas. 60m has become my go-to band after nightfall due to the DX that's on and, with few US stations, it's easier to work. I think a lot of US ops think that FT8 is illegal for us and therefore don't operate there.

73 and DX,
John AE5X

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John, FT8 illigal? But I work US stations every day on 60m FT8?? Strange...hope to meet you some time on 60 John. Received a few from around Houston and was received as well there. Theoretically it should be possible to make a QSO...73, Bas