Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Blogroll maintenance

Time for maintenance of my blogroll! After I received a couple of e-mails from bloggers that changed their URL. I noticed a lot of good amateur radio bloggers didn't update their blog for over a year. Not really up-to-date so to say. I decided to remove most of them. It's so unfortunate as over the years I did read a lot of articles on some of their blogs but suddenly it seems they lost interest? Interest in the radio hobby or interest in blogging. I think a lot of bloggers are moving to facebook, instagram, twitter and google+. Personally I do have all of these social media platforms but the messages I read there do not have the same experience as a personal and searchable blog.

Removed are the blogs from: VE3HG, K8ZT, M0UKD, W9ODX, SM0FOB, K2DSL, N7NG, EI9KC, ON4VT, VU2NAN, VE3BUX, PD9X, PA3ANG, PA2OLD, YO9IRF, PA1CA, ZS6A, EI2KC, G4YDM, ZL2IFB, AK7DD, M0TEF, PA1ED, GM4ULS, N8ZYA, EI4DIB and DC7HS.

Of course they will return in my blogroll as soon as they start blogging again. But for now I removed them.

2 comments:

ON5ZO said...

Hi Bas
I agree: nothing better than your own platform. That way you are still more or less the boss over your own content. And I am not big fan of so called social media.

Keep on blogging! I don't often comment but I always read.
73 / CU

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, ik ben begonnen met bloggen in 2004. Met de komst van Facebook is de activiteiten in de blogosfeer behoorlijk gedaald. Toch vind ik een blog nog altijd leuk. Ik heb een familie blog eigenlijk alleen voor ons zelf. Om terug te kijken naar wat we ooit hebben gedaan. Hetzelfde voor Youtube, de filmpjes zijn bedoeld als home movies, maar als anderen het ook leuk vinden dan is dat prima. Ik ga niet voor zoveel mogelijk abonnees. Ik heb ook een paar zendamateurs in mijn blogroll staan met weinig activiteiten. Maar op een gegeven moment zal ik ze toch gaan verwijderen. 73 Paul PAØK