Friday, October 14, 2011

Signal Graphic TI2/NA7U <-WSPRing-> PE4BAS

With the help of PC4T's tutorial I made this graphic in excel. The blue line represents my signal at Casey TI2/NA7U and the green line represents Casey's signal at my QTH. The strange thing is that I did not receive Casey after around 01:52 UTC. But of course it could be he only listened after that time. Peak on 30m was around 02:50 UTC after that you see propagation is going up and down slowly sloping downwards. Sunset greyline at Costa Rica is at 23:20 UTC if I'm not mistaking. You see a small rise of my signal being received by Casey at that time. Casey's signal peaked also at that time, but is difficult to see as the graphic is 3D. So I quickly made another graphic showing this. Besides WSPR on 30m I did some 10m too for 2 days, I've been heard in 23 DXCC now and even logged a all time new one Kazakhstan bringing me at 64 DXCC on WSPR all band. 




Met behulp van de video van PC4T over het maken van grafieken  heb ik wat geknutseld in excel. The blauwe lijn (bovenste grafiek) is mijn signaal bij Casey TI2/NA7U en de groene lijn is zijn signaal bij mij. Ik kreeg Casey niet meer mee na 01:52 UTC en ik denk dat hij toen alleen op luisteren is gegaan. Op 30m was de piek om 02:50 UTC daarna ging het signaal omhoog en omlaag om zo rustig aan naar beneden te gaan. Zonsondergang greyline is om 23:20 UTC in Costa Rica als ik het niet verkeerd heb. Op dat moment is er een piek te zien in zowel mijn als Casey's signaal. Omdat dit onduidelijk is in de 3D grafiek heb ik nog snel even een nieuwe gemaakt om het te laten zien. Naast 30m WSPR ook 2 dagen 10m WSPR gedaan en ben nu gehoord in 23 DXCC, zelf een nieuwe DXCC toe kunnen voegen Kazachstan. Ben nu gehoord in 64 DXCC geteld alle banden samen.


5 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good afternoon Bas, just was reading the blog post and noticed a Ford ad.....is that the blogger AD stuff you make some coin on??? Just never seen a car ad on a blog before...then again maybe I live a sheltered life....

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, I just have blogger adsense on for a few days just as a test. You´re the first that commented on that. I see many blogs that have ads on. If it´s too annoying I will change it. But from the few days I have it I can tell you that it seems to work as I already see some cash on my account from those ads. So, why wouldn´t I do such a thing, life is expensive enough. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Hi Bas, no it's not annoying at all and maybe I will give it a go too.

k8gu said...

Bas, this is cool. I am not sure that I am correctly reading the plot. Does it show that you copy TI2/NA7U until 0152, but he continues to copy you all night? If that is true, it is interesting that your signal jumps way up just as you lose copy on his. To me, that suggests local effect at one end of the path or the other, either adjusting equipment or perhaps a strong noise source at your QTH? Just an idea.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

@K8GU, it could be all kind of circumstances. But you read the graphic correct. Could be QRM on my side, but I continued to receive other signals. Why my signal jumps up right after I could not copy Casey anymore is a riddle to me. 73, Bas