Thursday, October 13, 2016

Icom IC-7300 price drop

Lots of radioamateurs that don't want to spend all their money on their radiohobby are waiting for a expected price drop of the Icom IC-7300 including me. I know it's too early and the radio is still too new. But with a expected follow up SDR from Icom the IC-7610 I think the radio will be much cheaper. Price here in the Netherlands has dropped down with 30 euro, a new one will cost you 1339 euro now. I already saw the radio sold second hand on the dutch marktplaats (kind of eBay) for as much as 1150 euro for a 3 month old IC-7300. I think that's too much considering you can almost buy it new in the UK that price. Since the british pound has made a downfall compared to the euro it is now interesting to buy a IC-7300 in the UK I think. Several HAM stores in the UK sell it for 1049,95 GBP. Which is converted to euro 1160,55 and considerable cheaper as here in the Netherlands. Buying it via internet however is not interesting as you have to pay shipping and custom taxes importing the radio. But if you  dare to make a trip to England to get a few of these radios you can make some extra money or fund your own one . It's just a idea!

Update: It seems no problem to order one in the UK as you don't have to pay extra taxes within Europe. Thanks to some of my readers comments! So, this could really be interesting. Sorry for those living in the UK but I think it's just a matter of waiting till the british pound is dropping any further. You really can get a bargain out of this...


12 comments:

Unknown said...

No Vat in EEU, Uk still in the EU!

mfellman said...

Should indeed be no issue within the EU.
http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontentnl/belastingdienst/prive/douane/goederen_ontvangen_uit_het_buitenland/van_organisaties_en_bedrijven/moet_ik_belastingen_bij_invoer_betalen

Nigel said...

Buy quickly while we're still in the EU! :) Seriously, the 7300 is a VERY good radio. It's too new to expect a significant price drop. I sold an FT-897 and used some savings to buy a 7300 and I am very, very pleased with it. I am getting very good signal reports from stations 'on the other end' and the receiver is brilliant. Nigel GJ7LJJ

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, het is wel een heel leuke set. Staat ook op mijn verlanglijstje. 73 Paul PC4T

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I know Nigel, I'm still dreaming and saving money. My own Icom IC-706 is 18 years old, too old to sell. I'll do my best and may be Santaclaus is so kind hi. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, bestellen in Engeland scheelt een hoop. Maar ik heb geen 1000 euro op de bankrekening hi. Nog even sparen. 73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Ik ook niet, en heb eigenlijk nog andere prioriteiten. Zolang de FT817 en de FT450 nog werken houd ik het zo.

Hans said...

Leuke set, maar ach ik kan niet alles hebben. Heb voldoende speelgoed en net als jullie andere proriteiten.
Goed Weekend, 73 Hans, PE1BVQ
P.S.: SOTA PA/PA 006 Signaal Imbosch geactiveerd!

Photon said...

The problem is that the price of imported goods like all transceivers here in the UK is going to rise any day soon (fuel is already up markedly.)

The 7300 looks very good, but it's never good to be an 'early adopter'. It's best to let others find the problems - and let the makers work out solutions - before spending our own precious money!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Soms moet je ook tevreden zijn met wat je hebt Hans. Maar goed mijn IC-706 heeft soms kuren en zal dus komende jaren wel vervangen moeten worden. Leuk de activatie, ik hoop dat je me laat weten hoe het ging. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Absolutely right. Many on other social media sites told me I should buy it now and enjoy it, while life is short. But I think my life will be long enough to enjoy any radio later. I'll just wait and save money. And in the mean time enjoy the hobby with the things I already got. 73, Bas

Anonymous said...

Hi I have been looking at prices for the 7300, i contacted all the dealer here in the UK not one would go lower than £1999.95 (2258.75 Euro) I checked the price in the USA, Icom are offering a $200 cash back, the price in the USA £1149.95 or £829, 936.68 Euros. Why are Icom in the EU and the UK not offering the cash back? Len G8LXI