Friday, July 31, 2026

My quest to learn CW (32)

 

I concentrate on text training mostly. Trying to recognize words, but it still is difficult. However the accuracy is still going up. My goal was 90% but I forgot that that it will take more time when the number of attempts is increasing. Of course I don't score 100% all the attempts. So, this month there was no full percent increase. I'm thinking of changing my goal now and increase speed when I reach the 88%. At that point I will delete all my attempts and start all over again.


Above the in the graphic you can see my efforts doing random letters & numbers training with 28/20 wpm. It is still increasing and there are days that I only have 5 errors. Some days are better as others.

Most important is that I make a lot of CW contacts these days. And it slowly gets better. Sometimes a QSO goes like a breeze. And sometimes I don't know what to key and it ends in a disaster. It doesn't matter since I still have fun. And I see this as a real challenge which I really like. I never met an operator that gets mad because I make too many mistakes. Actually most ops are really patient, friendly and encouraging. That's the fun of CW.

No comments: