Sunday, April 28, 2024

#60m Chad and Easter Isl. worked

 


I was up early this morning due to a annoying great tit that knows CW and in continue signing "A" "A". If you think that's funny well....this birds always wakes me up too early except when I need to get up early. Anyway, I decided to see if anything happened on 60m. I knew two DXCC I didn't have on 60m were active there the last few days. And indeed, with very loud signals they were. TT8XX took me only 2 calls before he came back to me. Then I noticed a large pile-up from 5353-5356KHz CW. A quick look at the DX cluster revealed that Easter Isl. 3G0YA was calling. And yes, I received him very well. A few calls later in the pile-up and he responded. 2 new 60m band DXCC in the log.

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, I have seen the pileups on the bands for 3G0YA but have never been able to hear them at my end. Yesterday I did hear him on 20m but just above the noise level and then gone. Not well enough to work him. Very funny about the bird and the letter "A". We have a big grandfather clock and at night in bed I hear tik tok or to me it's dit dah. If I can't sleep and late at night I hear the letter "T" then later "M" and maybe "O".
Have a great week,
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, tnx for the comment. The bands are full of DX at this moment. It is just a matter of finding them and then breaking the pile-ups. I thought a bird that knows CW was special. But a clock that is doing CW.... ;-) 73, Bas