Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Upcoming weekend Dutch PACC contest

 

   This upcoming weekend I will participate in the PACC contest again. This contest will be 10-11 Feb. from 12-12 UTC (24h). I will participate in the QRP (mixed) section. 

A few years ago I was really fanatic about this contest. This resulted in a win of the SSB low power section, which is the biggest section, in 2020. After that I decided to do the QRP section only because it is the most difficult section and a large challenge. Of course in the end I would like to win this section. But to win it there is only one way.....learn to master the code...that's the biggest challenge of all.

   Propagation willl be reasonable according to the forecast. Hopefully I can do some more CW this time. I wish I could do the decoding without the help of the computer but unfortunatly I'm not that far. I will try to copy as much headcopy as possible though. Hopefully I will meet some of you bloggers and readers in this contest. 

4 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, I have the contest highlighted in my calendar and hope make contact with your QRP signal. As for the CW it will come more and more as you work on it.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, I hope you have some fun participating. You might try to work all 12 provinces... well to work me will be difficult I think. I will try to call CQ but am afraid to have a pile-up which I'm not ready to handle. Anyway, I suggest you take a look at RBN to see were I am. That's the way I always find you. 73, Bas

Tulus YD4FYI said...

Papa Foxtrot

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Trying to figure out what you mean Tulus? Anyway, I heard a Indonesian station calling on 15m SSB. He was RS 57 but unable to hear me. 73, Bas